Friday, July 24, 2015

Spontaneous M. Reunion


With my aunt and uncle being spread across such states as Utah and Texas, and my parents in Arizona, it is not a common occurrence for us to get together. However, upon realizing that all my dad's siblings would all be within driving distance of SLC on July 24th, a spontaneous M. reunion was commenced.



I had originally planned to stay at work all morning, then meet up with everyone later that day. As logically sound as those plans sounded to me that morning, they were flippantly tossed aside when I was told everyone would be meeting at 11pm. I was SO there! Good thing my work is so flexible...

Franken-Lexi at the river
We started off by grabbing some picnic sandwiches and heading up Hobble Creek Canyon. It was a beautiful day, filled with talking, wading in the nearby stream, playing Frisbee, Clue and some other shooting game where I had no idea what was happening.




After hours of enjoying the beautiful canyon, we went to HangTime, which is a trampoline place, complete with foam pits, dodgeball and basketball dunking arenas. I obviously didn't jump (it would have been more comic relief than actually productive) but it was fun to watch our talented cousins flip all over the place and the competitive dodgeball game was a riot!










For dinner, we met up with Rachel and Jon. Afterward, we went to the hospital to see Elizabeth again, and for the O.s the first time. The best part of that night was that Brooke was able to see the baby (there is a rule that visitors must be 14+ to go into the NICU, and Brooke is 2 years too young). She had been hanging out in the hallway during Elizabeth’s birth, and had to wait until today to actually see her. But she was a good sport about being patient, and it was great to be a spectator when she was able to see Elizabeth for the first time in person. It is amazing how a little person can bring such tender feelings to a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment