Friday, July 17, 2015

People

Work was AWESOME today! Tuesdays I work all day at Nu Skin, and I think there was something in the air (maybe too much distilled essential oils?), because everyone was in a friendly mood and wanted to talk. I got to know the new guy who works next to me better, and he seems like a really neat guy. Mostly I ran errands with Joseanne in order to get a welcome basket for one of our cohorts from Belgium who came to town with her family. We were able to talk about a lot of things, and as time went on, our conversations turned to be much more personal. It was neat to be able to really listen to each other.

It felt nice to mix things up a bit, but most of all I remember driving home and feeling like the day was a huge success. Which is funny-I really didn’t spend a lot of time doing ‘work’(don't you worry though- I finished what little needed to be done). I am definitely one of THOSE people driven by checking things off a list and finding ways to be more efficient. I didn’t do much of that, but being able to interact so personally with my coworkers was even more fulfilling. It was a reminder to myself how people matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment