Friday, July 17, 2015

July 12th, 2015

I love those days when Church is exactly what you need. What I was thinking of during sacrament led straight into what we learned about for Sunday school. I highly recommend reading The Tongue of Angels by Elder Holland. I have read it before, but I was able to re-read it with different eyes. My favorite quote:


"I have often thought that Nephi’s being bound with cords and beaten by rods must have been more tolerable to him than listening to Laman and Lemuel’s constant murmuring. 8 Surely he must have said at least once, “Hit me one more time. I can still hear you.” Yes, life has its problems, and yes, there are negative things to face, but please accept one of Elder Holland’s maxims for living—no misfortune is so bad that whining about it won’t make it worse."
 
Chris had a friend from the Provo 6th ward who got married recently. We have been wanting to get together because they are two weeks away from heading to Washington DC. In fact, they will be moving into an area that Chris served in his mission! They were so fun to talk to-they even helped us brainstorm gun names for our little girl! (We will call her Magnum, and her nickname can be Maggie ;) ) They are making their rounds to say goodbye to everyone, let alone get everything prepared for the move, so it was very kind of them to take time out of their day to see us! We found out just before they left that they like Pandemic! So…we may have to make a trip out to DC sometime J
 
We have felt spoiled with the recent cooler weather. We went for a long walk that evening, where we explored the endless BYU construction, reminisced about our BYU years, and started a mental list of things we want to do before we leave Provo. I just think it would be terribly ironic if we spend all this time saying goodbye to Provo, and then end up staying for some reason J

No comments:

Post a Comment