Sunday, July 26, 2015

Idaho Trip Day 2


I woke up early Sunday morning and waited until the continental breakfast opened up to sneak downstairs while everyone else slumbered. Waking up early has been the bane of my existence lately, but having a continental breakfast to look forward to made it feel like Christmas! The appeal of free food combined with it being BREAKFAST food (my favorite!) just made my craving-crazy pregnant body tingle with anticipation. I had hardly begun delightfully devouring my English muffin toast when I joined by none other than Mom! We enjoyed having the calm morning to ourselves as we talked, ate and put our feet in the pool. I have always cherished the times where I have gotten Mom to myself, to talk about whatever is on our minds. We were eventually joined in the breakfast room by the rest of the crew (SECOND BREAKFAST!) and planned the rest of our day.

M. Family DogPile. Do not be alarmed-this is an ordinary sight.
Our plans of walking around the beautiful temple were foiled when we saw the landscape construction, so we meandered around the visitor’s center until the nearby chapel sacrament begun.  

Idaho Halls Temple


Other than being distracted by guessing the bishop’s age (we found out later that he was called when he was 26 to be bishop!) the meetings went smoothly, and before we knew it we were back on the road. A rather uneventful drive ended with being dropped off at home, where we got into the apartment and promptly hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment