Sunday, July 12, 2015

Indigestion

This week has been a little frustrating due to indigestion. It hasn't been debilitating, but I have felt constantly sick to my stomach to some degree, and on Wednesday it was enough for me to justify going home early from work to rest. Then I slept hard for a good two hours-drool and all! That helped a lot.
I brought up my indigestion to my doctor and he said I was having indigestion because I was pregnant. Of all doctors, the doctors over pregnant woman get to have the easiest diagnosis of all time:

You feel bloated?
~Of course you do-you're pregnant.
Sick?
~You're pregnant.
Your feet are swelling?
~Blame it on the pregnancy.
Craving pickle juice? Can't think straight? Your leg is falling off?
~Pregnant.

I even had the unmistakable urge this afternoon to go fix myself a piping hot cup of hot chocolate.
Yep. Smack dab in the middle of July.
Guess why?
Oh yeah: 'cause I'm pregnant.

What a weird phenomenon!

I guess that is my signal that I am onto the third trimester. The second trimester was awesome-I almost felt normal! But now the days of reckless snacking have been firmly banned - courtesy of cranky, crushed organs. Time to go back to the smaller meals rather than three big meals throughout the day.

Overall, my pregnancy has been great! I have really enjoyed this time of learning more about myself and about babies, and it has been the coolest to be a first hand witness to this baby growing! So cool! These last few days she has been more active than usual, doing jumping jacks and sliding her knees/elbows around. I even scared her once by biting down on ice loudly! (I will admit that I found that rather cute, and, probably to her dismay, found some minutes of entertainment by ice-chomping.)

Chris and I have been trying to grasp that we will be holding a completely dependent person in our arms in a couple months, who we will be 100% responsible for (TWO MONTHS, PEOPLE!!!). I just don't know if it is possible to completely understand those feelings until you are in the moment, but it is slowly becoming more real as time goes on. It is easily my favorite topic to discuss with Chris these days :)

These last few weeks I have been particularly partial to the name Riley Rae. We'll see how long this one holds out in the constant frenzy of revolving names.

No comments:

Post a Comment