Friday, July 17, 2015

My Buff Babe


 
As we drove home from work yesterday, catching up on each other’s day, the person a few cars ahead of us in the turning lane was motioning us around her car. We pulled up beside her and it became apparent that her car had died. Chris immediately turned to me and asked, “Do you think she needs help?” He rolled down his window and inquired if she needed some assistance, to which she instantly indicated the affirmative. We parked in the nearby parking lot as Chris devised the best plan on where to push the car. The stranded student kindly allowed me to drive (I'm not much help pushing right now) while she, Chris and a kind passerby pushed the car across the intersection.  I expertly guided the car down the road and into a parking lot, while Chris and the girl were able to push it completely into a parking spot. At that point, the girl assured us that she was alright and help was on its way, so we headed back to our own car.


That was AWESOME! I have always wanted to do that! I can’t count how many times I have passed cars on the side of the road where I have thought, “I wonder if they need help?” and at once the thought is crowded out by other thoughts of “I wouldn’t be much help-what do I know about cars?” or “Aw man, I’ve already gotten too far away to turn around and help.” I am glad Chris took the opportunity to push excuses aside to take initiative to help someone in need. We both felt so good, and I couldn’t be prouder of my Buff Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment