Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Open-minded

Our Sunday lesson was on scripture study. The teacher asked which scriptures have had an impact on our lives. Immediately my mind went to the Book of Mormon scriptures Alma 32:27-28 and Moroni 7:13. She then asked what the difference these scriptures have made in our personal lives.

I realized these scriptures have made me more open-minded. Now, I know that normally those who are not religious see just the opposite-that religious people are typically close-minded and unaccepting of those who are different. But my experience has been that as I have taken to heart the things these scriptures have taught me, I have come to the realization that this life is about learning and growing. It has made me gruel less over past mistakes and be more willing to try new things. We are meant to try, and we are going to make mistakes. And that is OK. If we are honestly trying to do what is right, we can rely and trust on the spirit to help us navigate this life without fear, and we can let others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment