Saturday, June 6, 2015

June 6, 2015 — Crummy

Some weeks are crazy awesome and are burned into your memory because of how amazing they are.

...and some come around to help you with humility and are burned in your memory against your will.

This week was more of the second.

I will not try to hide the fact that this week was crummy, and it resulted in mental and physical exhaustion. I slowly deteriorated until I was A Haggard Mess by Friday. (Believe me, that is the optimistic way of putting it). Unfortunately, I think the mental exertion actually made me physically sick because of how I dealt with the emotions.

Not fun,
No likey,
and good riddance to this week.

But you know what is cool about these bummer weeks?

I feel like Heavenly Father uses these times as an excuse to show He really cares and He is really there. The lowest of the lows make such a stunning contrast against the little things He puts in place for us to enjoy. Rachel surprised me by ‘kidnapping’ me on Thursday (and she brought food!). I was able to talk to Mom for over an hour on Tuesday (not common). You would not believe all the free food that cropped up recently. Gorgeous weather to walk in. Oh, and did I mention food? Most of all, a loving husband who is forever selfless and kind (dishes, dinner, hugs and crying with me).

As terrible as this week has been, I have to say knowing Heavenly Father loves me has made all the difference. And these are the weeks that we have the best opportunity seeing that.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer weeks are no fun. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete