Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Marriage Prep Graduation


Marriage Prep is OVER!

You would think after a solid half a year of marriage Chris and I would have learned it all, especially because we are a veteran couple of the ward! Well my friends, I hope I don’t put anyone into shock, but we found ourselves learning a ton as we prepared for these lessons, and even more when we discussed the comments from the singles in the class. Those singles are some smart cookies! I absolutely loved their insights towards marriage, and what it ultimately came down to—their attitudes towards living their lives in the gospel. I have loved the opportunity to study the topic of marriage in the context of church doctrine.

Ok, so now for the part that I know you really wanted to hear. Success rate? Let’s just say at one point, HALF THE WARD was either engaged, seriously dating, or we don’t know what happened to them because they were MIA (aka they were always with their significant other). I wish this could be some kind of credential for a resume, because those are some awesome statistics! But as proud as Chris and I are, and how much we would love to claim responsibility for their eternal happiness, the credit lies squarely on the shoulders of the proactive Provo YSA 6th Ward members. Being in this ward, before and after marriage, has been a wonderful experience. If we do end up leaving for a job before Chris graduates, this ward will be one of the parts of Provo life I will truly miss.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, guys!! You guys rock at this marriage thing. :)

    ReplyDelete