Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Introverts

Recently life has seemed like we’re living in the fast lane. Super fun! We’ve had quite a few dinners with friends, vacations, play dates and classes. I have loved running around being with friends. But for an introvert who expends energy in social life, it has also been exhausting.

I realized the other day as I thought about what it would be like to have a restful evening, I imagined myself thinking of taking it easy with Chris by my side. That may not sound surprising, but I was caught off guard by the contrast that thought had to my visualization of a restful evening a year ago. The latter consisted of me being alone in the apartment, re-energizing myself by organizing a long put-off project. Or reading. Or trying something new. Alone. Just about anything that sounded the most restful involved me being by myself, doing my own thing.

I’ve been married to Chris for 8 months now. In that amount of time, its amazing how he has become very much a part of me. Now, I realize he is his own person with his own thoughts, very much an individual. What I mean is that I am coming to know him so well. It is fun to see his facial expressions and accurately guess what he is thinking about, or to be in a situation and know how he would react. And now to realize that instead of draining my personal energy when I am with him, he is someone I feel rejuvenated around. As if he is an extension of me. I have allowed myself to feel this way around Chris because he allows me to be completely myself and loves me for it (or despite it ;) ). 

I feel like Chris has taught me the freedom and liberation that comes from unconditional love.

Cute Chris at a Zupas lunch date

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! That's how I feel with Jershon too. Introverts unite! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete