Sunday, March 13, 2016

Unexpected

I had a birthday, and the day turned out to be a pleasant, unexpected surprise.

I received unexpected but very welcome texts from former mission companions. I was reminded how thankful I am that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to serve a mission, especially with such life-changing friends.

The dinner was exceptional. Mama Wasden kindly took my request for dinner, and I guess this scrumptious meal was actually expected-Mama knows how to make some mean gumbo, and that is no secret!

After which there was unexpected, yet kindly gift-giving.

With even more kindly, unexpected words of love in the card that unexpectedly brought my emotions to the surface.

And most unexpected of all, a perfect, thoughtful and loving gift from a husband who listens and puts me first.

I unexpectedly cried.

And unexpectedly, I didn't care.


No comments:

Post a Comment