Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Strong Asians

For my birthday, Mimi gave me a coupon to go get a reflexology massage with her. Ever since she told me about this massaging place, it has sounded like heaven. So when I got the coupon as a gift, I was excited to go!

Overall, it was very enjoyable. The masseuse beings by asking 'soft, medium or hard?' I said hard, because Mom has always been one for deep massages and in all our family massages we reef on each other's sore muscles, so I figured that would feel the most familiar. Everything felt great while I was lying on my back! In fact, I noticed they were hitting certain pressure points as they went along, and it piqued my interest in reflexology once again (I learned a little about it when I was growing up.)

But then everything changed when they had me lie on my stomach so they could work on my back.

I thought my mom was the reigning master at strong massages, but these Asians were BURLY! I don't know how they did it, but I was crying like a baby halfway through the back massage. The most humiliating part was that my plea for, 'medium, MEDIUM!' was smothered by the face piece that my face was being smooshed into with the insane amount of pressure coming from behind. I knew I was done for.

The knots in my back throbbed for days as a reminder of my underestimation of those Asians. Never again will I make the same foolish mistake of asking those practiced hands for hard pressure.
That is, if I can muster the courage to face them again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they must be pretty strong to beat out Mom's massages! But did they snigger and smile when you cried out in pain? That's one hallmark of Mom's massages that you probably won't find in other avenues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I could not see the look on my masseuse friend's face. Although you are right-I do not know anyone that could have so much glee from crazy deep massages like Mom can ;)

    ReplyDelete