Sunday, March 20, 2016

Companionship


It is so interesting comparing expectations with reality. I've always looked forward to being a mom. I've loved holding babies and family life has always been awesome, and I've been eager to be able to create a fun, wholesome family life for my own family. I have always known it would be a lot of work, and that I would feel tired, overwhelmed and strung out at times. I know those times are coming, and that is ok.



But I didn't know that even with only having this little girl in my family I would already begin to feel amazing companionship. I love having my little buddy with me as I run errands, visit friends and plan my day. Rather than the heavy responsibility and duty I expected to feel from having someone completely dependent on me, I am loving having her constantly by my side, as we learn and grow together.

Families are amazing. I'm so glad Heavenly Father designed them to be forever.


2 comments: