Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Social

I'll just be frank: I've never considered myself an outgoing person that NEEDED social interaction in my day. In fact, I'm definitely an introverted person who can be entertained in my mind most of the time, thank you very much!

But lately, I have really found myself enjoying meeting new people. Maybe it is because I'm typically at home with a social baby who is easily bored, or maybe my social maturity is attempting to catch up with my age? (that would be sweet! ;) ) Whatever the reason, I typically find myself brainstorming ideas of where we can go during the day to move around and meet people. 

For this reason, story time at libraries ROCK! They are usually age appropriate, there are a bunch of other babies the same age as Riley and huge bonus: OTHER MOMS! Love it! In fact, I have met most of the other mothers only once-Riley's napping schedule has kept our story time attendance spotty. But even these initial meetings that have not led to lifetime friendships make such a difference.

And much to Chris's chagrin, Riley has been finding some boyfriends. 



I have to use the term 'boyfriend' losely, since their main activity involves staring at each other and crawling after one another. But it sure is fun to witness Riley developing socially.

No comments:

Post a Comment