Saturday, May 14, 2016

Expectations

We've arrived.

This is what I always thought adult life would be like. Husband goes to work full-time. I stay home with the baby. Life is good.

And really, life is good. ...but not really what I was expecting.
I didn't expect the days to begin to have moments of monotony.
I didn't realize how mentally exercising it would be to be deciphering a little human's needs and entertaining them constantly can be wearing.
I didn't think about long commute times, financial decisions, and just boring life details.

This really has helped highlight President Monson's idea of Finding Joy in the Journey. "Let us relish life as we live it." No time in life is going to be perfect. We can choose to rise above the average and proactively seek the good in each day. I love the church's leader's messages of hope that puts everything in perspective.

It is a good reminder to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment