Sunday, May 15, 2016

Iowa Des Moines Mission

Alexis got her mission call! She has been called to the Iowa Des Moines mission, which happens to have the city of Nauvoo in its borders.

From Kirkland to Nauvoo. ...if Meg or Brooke go on a mission, I'm guessing New York (Palmyra) or Utah! Church history sites, here come the Sister Ms! :)

I'm so excited for Alexis. Thinking about her going on a mission has brought back fond (and challenging) memories from my own mission. It was such an incredible experience I never thought I would experience, and it has absolutely shaped who I am today and the testimony I have of my Savior. Serving others 24/7 is amazing, grueling, awe-inspiring and uplifting all within minutes of each other (or all at once).

It was difficult for me to decide to serve a mission, and what it came down to for me was, "Are there things I can learn on my mission that I cannot learn any other way?" Looking in hindsight, I do not believe a mission taught me things I could never learn anywhere else. However, it did put me in situations I never would have been in and I feel like I learned extremely important life lessons in a concentrated, condensed amount of time. I ended up loving my mission more than I thought possible, and I can't imagine my life without the experiences I draw upon every day and many of the friends I gained along the way.

I. Love. Missions. I can't wait to hear what Alexis learns and experiences in the next year and a half.


1 comment:

  1. So exciting that she is going to Iowa! She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete