Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday!

Today is my LAST SATURDAY at work! ...at least for awhile. My jobs have held fairly steady in their work load (that is to say, minimal) but while before I was feeling somewhat bogged down by my work and my schedule, it is now almost exciting to be taking in the last moments of work before Riley shows up. I'm able to see what I have learned and the friendships I have made and be genuinely happy about the work that I have been able to accomplish.
Just the idea of having a change of routine for at least a few weeks feels like a breath of fresh air.

After work, we went to a sushi place with some animation folks. Even though we had to choose our fish with discretion, it was SO GOOD! We even got Gyoza to have the whole experience. Chris has a good bunch of people he works with-we really enjoyed talking with them.



2 comments:

  1. Just curious... Are you planning to to go back to work after the baby is born? You mentioned that this was your last Saturday of work... For a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't sure... the idea is that I will work part time around Chris' schedule until he graduates/gets a job, but we may have made enough over the summer that we don't have to do it. Both jobs have been really understanding in telling us to enjoy the baby first and foremost and then let them know what we decide. I am really wanting to just stay home, so hopefully that option works out financially!

    ReplyDelete