Friday, August 28, 2015

Dropping


Lately my most common conversations have been generated by emphatic acquaintances who energetically comment how I have or have not dropped. Interestingly enough, it seems like every other person rests on the opposite conclusion. To someone I am carrying the baby high and they wonder how I could be so close to my due date, and to another I have dropped so much this baby is coming any minute. Riley seems to be a fairly indecisive child ;) 

I am enjoying these new conversations I am rapidly becoming well-acquainted with. They are evidence of friends and strangers who are kindly showing interest in my life and my daughter. They must intuitively know that talking about my daughter is a subject I am very obliged to continue with them :) 

When we were travelling to California a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at how considerate and thoughtful people were about me being pregnant. One gas station I went into I couldn’t find the bathroom, so I went to the cashier lady and asked if they had one. She hurriedly responded that they did, but they were outside. In the middle of responding, she looked up, noticed that I was pregnant and her demeanor completely changed. She hurried on to say that she would grab a key for me really quick and let me in the back way to the bathroom so I wouldn’t have to walk around. Although I am fairly certain I could have made it around the building with no incident, I thought it was very nice of her to serve me like that. The hotel manager allowed us to stay a little longer before checking out so I wouldn't have to be out on LA streets for as long. This and various other incidences warmed my heart. It was very sweet. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay! A profile shot! :) and isn't it funny how complete strangers seem to comment on the state of you "droppedness" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually took this right before bed one night, so I look half dead. The only thing that persuaded me to post this was your request, Shell!

    ReplyDelete