Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Moving Along


I had my 38 week doctor’s appointment today. It looks like we are 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, which is great! I know it doesn’t predict when Riley will come, but it is nice to know my body, as always, seems to know what it is doing and getting ready on its own accord.

You know how on a previous post I talked about how we were happily back on the patience track?
I spoke too soon.
After LA, we both had an not-well-contained excitement that she could come at any time, so although we both tried to keep calm and be ok with her not showing up, we were talking about her constantly (‘what if today is the day?! What if we get to meet her tonight?!’). Our excitement is so uncontained it is leaking out of our ears. I’m working on looking on the bright side-if my body can get more and more ready before going into active labor, who am I to complain?!  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment