Saturday, October 3, 2015

The First Month: Week 4

This is the first week that we didn't have motherly assistance through the night, so Chris stepped up and has been doing a marvelous job! I try not to have him help too much, especially on the days that he has class and work, but it is great to be able to turn to him on the nights that I have work. I started again at LDS FS this week. I'll be honest; I have not looked forward to leaving Riley Rae and going back to work, with all its implications. However, it is a great blessing that we have a means to help support ourselves financially, and also that at this time we don't have to leave Riley at a babysitter. Chris has really looked forward to this one on one time with his daughter, so how could I complain when my husband is such a stinkin cutie around her?! :) She is in good hands, and I have learned to enjoy getting to be outside on my walk to work.


We were lucky enough to have M. and A. come down from Idaho for General Conference this weekend! They stayed with Chris and I Friday night, and somehow M. didn't wake up at all, even with the baby crying! Impressive. A. did though :) Riley party! After making breakfast that morning, A. doing all of our dishes (thanks A!), and watching a very spotty first session (the internet was going in and out) we headed over to RJs for the second session of conference. Riley slept a ton, which is nice. I feel compromised outside of our apartment when it comes to consoling her. I know all my options in where I can go and what I can do to help her stop crying. Outside of the apartment, I feel like my hands are tied. I never thought I would feel so dependent on our apartment! Maybe once we get out more often I will learn how to soothe her in the real world :)


In deep contemplation of President Uchtdorf's words
My favorite part of the night was girls night. While the men went to the Priesthood session, we made desserts, talked and watched Studio C. Even though there is plentiful women in our family, we have never made it a tradition to have a 'girls night' when dad went to his session for some reason. Probably because we had plenty of nights with just girls :) But maybe we will make it a tradition, because I loved it! I especially loved being able to talk with M and A. It feels like I haven't had a chance to really talk to them for a long time now that they are all grown up in college. I have some pretty awesome sisters, and I was reminded of that fact that night. It was a quick trip, but I'm so glad they decided to come down!


Don't Mess

We've been trying to get them to fist bump for awhile. In our innocent attempt, Riley ended up slugging her in the face... They will work on it.



Random pictures from this week:

Nap time together while I watched Womens Conference
















No comments:

Post a Comment