Sunday, October 18, 2015

Riley's Blessing Day

Riley was blessed on October 18th, exactly a year from when Chris and I were married. I just worked out that way (there were almost no other Sundays in October that would have worked because of conferences), but it added special significance to the day. Blessing our first baby on our first anniversary... wow. It would have been hard to believe a few years ago that I would be here today, a part of this beautiful family.

It was so neat to have both families and many other come for Riley's blessing. We did a terrible job of publicizing when she would be blessed, so we were pleasantly surprised when so many showed up at our church! We love our families!!
She got her dress as a present from Aunt A. It was so beautiful! And I am very glad Mimi and Papa were there to help her get dressed-it was quite the ordeal!



At least she was enjoying herself :)
The cute booties Aunt A. gave Riley





Chris did a great job with the blessing. He was a little emotional in the beginning, and that started the waterworks for me pretty quick!! He is such a sweet dad to Riley. She started to fuss, but Papa W. was smart and brought her pacifier up with him. You could hear her smacking on it the whole rest of the blessing - goofy girl :)


I promise I am not choking my daughter! This is me soothing her during sacrament meeting. Plus, I didn't know my mom was taking pictures during the meeting! ;) She was a little fussy at first, but it didn't take her long to go to sleep, when she was promptly passed around to grandparents :)




You see that bare foot of hers? This girl is notorious for always kicking off only ONE of her socks/shoes.
She gets it from her dad.








On top of this sweet blessing day, it has been so neat to have family here to celebrate with us. We have been so lucky that both families made it out here and we have been able to spend time with both sides.



Watch out for Creeper Aunt B










No comments:

Post a Comment