Friday, June 3, 2016

Run

Triumph!

I have not gone running in over a year.
Running while pregnant just was not a fun experience for me
...then I felt too worn out when Riley was really little.
...and then I wasn't sure how to go on a run with her (no running stroller)
....or how do you go without her?
so with all these very validated and somewhat justified excuses, I was just fine with walks everyday.

But I have been noticing my sedentary lifestyle has an effect on what I eat and how much I eat. With staying home for much of the day and having easily accessible food is una (mucho!) problema for me.  So I have been dancing around the idea of running again for some time, just lacking the drive to actually make it happen.

I am very lucky to have the resources at hand to help all this happen. I just put Riley down for a nap, ask Papa or Ben to listen for her, and take a short run. Voila! Was that so hard, Kimber?!
Why yes. Yes it was.

I went on my very first run today. The first few minutes, and my body was loving it-it felt awesome to be running again! I decided to run to a nearby park, thinking it would be about 30 minutes, so I would get a good run and Riley would most likely still be asleep. Toward the end I tried to pick up speed because I didn't want to run over the 30 minutes I promised Papa the run would take. I got back to the house, stretched, and looked at the clock.

Ten minutes.
Ten measly minutes?!

I'm still pretty sure the clock was wrong, because there is NO WAY you could convince me it was only 10 minutes based on how my body felt!

Notwithstanding, I can hitherto check off today as productive! I'm pretty happy about this, and I hope I can stick it out to make it a habit!
Now if I could only be more consistent about showers...

No comments:

Post a Comment