Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dobby

You haven't truly experienced Harry Potter if Chris hasn't read it to you!

Chris is an amazing reader. From the day we were married (seriously, from our honeymoon!) we have had a book that we read together before we go to bed. I should define what I mean by 'together'-I mean Chris reads as I get completely wrapped up in the book. (and/or fall asleep, but we won't talk about that)

I enjoyed reading well enough growing up, but there were some books that I tried and gave up on. The Lord of the Rings series was one of them. I mean, have you tried reading and understanding the Council of Elrond?! (Who from where did what...?!) Yet, when Chris read these books to me (and explaining took almost as long as reading ;) ) the books became so much more than they had before. Chris has a talent.

As magical as Chris made LoTR, it doesn't even hold a candle to him reading Harry Potter. He does the voices and everything! Especially Dobby. Yep, that somewhat annoying little creature? He is now my favorite because Chris impersonates him perfectly :)

1 comment: