Sunday, December 20, 2015

Thankful

I feel extremely thankful today. When I was thinking about the reasons why this feeling has been so strong these last few days, it was easy to see why
  • The R.s graciously allowed us to stay in their home the few days between getting kicked out of the apartment and going home for the holidays
  • Natey-Nate, because without him we would be still in our apartment, illegally.
  • Chris' bishopric calling, which allowed us to stay in our beloved ward an extra year
  • Trying to fit in goodbyes to all of our friends has been especially difficult, which has made me appreciate how many friends we truly have made while here in Utah. This included seeing the Ns, our past bishop and wife, as well as full on party at Sharon's. We have so many people we love here.
  • Seriously, Chris is going to be working at LucasFilm? How amazing is that?!
  • In-laws who are not only more kind and loving than I could have possibly asked for, but also willing to take us and little Riley in for half a year. There is no way we could have afforded our own place, and this is a wonderful alternative where we get to be close to family (I mean, can you get any closer than being in the next bedroom?)
  • It has been fun to take care of and come to know Riley. The role of parenthood is my favorite role so far, or it may tie with being a wife... just being a little family has been so much fun
  • Speaking of family, I couldn't have asked for a more kindred spirit to be married to. I love how similar we are, but different enough to be individuals. Plus watching him be a dad is a huge bonus.
  • Christmas is always something to be thankful for. Favorite holiday of the year!
It is a good thing this feeling has hit, because I have been completely neglecting Christmas in an attempt to get completely moved and organized. Now that moving has been checked off the list, I hope I will be able to focus on the holidays with friends and family! (and I should probably start thinking of gifts...)




No comments:

Post a Comment