Sunday, December 13, 2015

End of an Era

It wasn't bad at all. I didn't feel sad when we were released. The next few days weren't bad. I made it through the ward party, the rest of the week and through discussions with Chris. I even walked into the chapel with no qualms. The reality of it all simply hadn't hit yet.

And it wouldn't hit. Not until I had been officially released in sacrament, I stood to be recognized, then asked to bear my testimony.

And that is when it decided to hit.

...

Seriously?

After a very heartfelt, unintelligble and extremely wet testimony, I went to sit down and fight the rest of the meeting for some semblance of control. Which was achieved for only minutes at time, until it would be continuously dissolved, along with my non-waterproof make-up. It didn't help that the meeting was our Christmas program, full of the spirit and thoughts of Christ. It was a job well done, and despite my emotional hysterics I couldn't help but feel the spirit of Christmas through it all. Chris ended the meeting with his great, and ever articulate testimony, and then it was all over.

...except for the line of people waiting to play or hold Riley one last time.

Then it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment