Saturday, January 16, 2016

LucasFilm and Staying at Home

Chris completed his first week at LucasFilm! He works with cool people and got an R2D2 pen, so it couldn't be going better!

The hardest part has been the commute; in particular, finding the right bus and getting to it on time. On Monday he missed his bus and quickly caught another one, which brought him to a completely different city. He ended up needing to be rescued by Papa Wasden, and in that moment I was again grateful for our situation living with them. It would have been a blind venture for me, not knowing the area, and having a tired baby besides would have made the trip daunting, to say the least. By the end of the week, he had everything figured out. It is a long commute, and all that is left to be complained of is only getting to see my Sweetheart at 7pm. That is almost no time together! I am very grateful for our situation though, so I will try not to begrudge it too much.

Why are you taking a picture when there
are mangos to be eaten?!





Staying home with Riley has been fun. Being her primary caregiver now, it is interesting how I feel much more in touch with when she needs to be going down for naps or what she needs. At one point I was able to comfort her when no one else could. Although I had earned this knowledge at a high cost (sleepless nights and constant attention) I couldn't help but feel my heart warm that I get to be this sweet girl's mother.








These are from a day when she refused to take a nap. So I brought out the big guns-the stroller!

Squinting at me defiantly

Two minutes later 
In the end, mom's always win!
We are at the point that her schedule could do with some fine tuning... some days her nap and night schedule are hunky dory, while other days are... not so hunky dory. We are trying to decide if we should let her cry it out...? It is something we have at times resolved to do, but after hearing 15 minutes of crying, our resolve instantly dissipates. But if it would be better to her to firm up a routine, we may just have to go for it.

Ben has been getting closer with her, and that has been so fun to witness! He is very sweet with her. At church on Sunday she almost crawled up in his lap as he entertained her with his camera on his phone :) She likes to watch him whenever he enters the room and stare at him until she gets a response out of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment